Spring has definitely sprung in Seattle. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom, the days are getting longer, but a crisp chill remains firmly in the air. Chilly nights beg for a little warm up and a snuggly blanket. For these cold evenings, I find a mug of mulled wine to be the perfect warm beverage to take the chill off. This is another easy recipe requiring very few ingredients and very little effort before offering up huge rewards! A great beverage recipe to have up your sleeve any time of the year.
- Red Wine 1 bottle
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Cinnamon Sticks 3 sticks
- Whole Cloves 6 each
- Mandarin Oranges, sliced 3 small
(I like to use 14 Hands “Hot to Trot” Red Blend)
- In a medium saucepan, pour in the entire contents of the bottle of wine.
- Add sugar, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and sliced mandarins to the wine in the saucepan. Feel free to adjust the sugar, up or down, to your own taste.
- Simmer wine over low heat for 30 minutes to develop flavor.
- Strain out the cinnamon sticks, cloves and mandarin slices.
- Pour the mulled wine into mugs and enjoy while hot!